If your home in Ventura or Santa Barbara county has only been mildly affected by the smoky environment caused by the Thomas Fire one option you may want to consider is a product from Sherwin-Williams.
Maxson Painting had the privilege of painting Hammerhead Industries new commercial office building in Ventura. Checkout our before and after pictures!
Meeting a home owner's needs is important to us. Here is a time lapse from Maxson Painting, a house painter in Ventura.
Here is an example of someone using the kind of advice provided in our blog and making something great!
In this case it was one of our customers who wanted to restore a picnic table using the touch up paints we provide at the end of every project. We provided the step by step instructions found in our blog, they did the work and you can see how nice the results were...
See how it was done here: How to Finish a New Picnic Table
Painting your concrete garage floor can bring a much needed face lift to your space, here are the steps needed for completing your next project. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTU3sflz3VI
We recommend starting your project by aggressively sanding the floor using a floor sander that you can rent at most any rental yard or Home Depot.
- Use very coarse paper 36 or 50 grit and sand the floor completely.
- It is critically important to clean the floor thoroughly after sanding.
- Start by vacuuming the dust from the floor.
- Most manufacturers recommended using an acid wash.
- Next you'll want to patch any large holes using a patching compound recommended by the manufacturer. Smaller cracks can be filled simply by applying a generous amount of paint.
- Next you'll want to apply your first coat of paint (there will be two total)
- Cut-in (paint with a brush) around the edge of the space, this helps avoid hitting the edges with your roller.
- Roll the paint on evenly filling any small cracks with paint
A two coat process is highly recommended even if the manufacturer says you only need one coat. The second coat will help the floor last longer and give you better coverage. As an option you can purchase vinyl paint flecks that match your floor. In order to apply these follow these steps:
- Paint a small square of floor
- Shake on the flecks, be sure to apply them in small patches while the paint is wet.
- Leave yourself a little room between painted sections so that you can overlap the floor paint properly without picking up fleck in the paint.
Using at least one coat of clear finish is strongly recommended because it will help seal the paint flex and give your floor greater resilience.
A couple cautionary notes, floors tend to be subject to hydro-static pressure from under the slab. This sometimes leads to paint failure and no manufacturer will guarantee against that. Also, most all floor coatings today claim that they will resist hot tire marks, but we have found over the years that it can sometimes still be a problem.
Here's hoping your floor project comes out looking spectacular.